Friday, August 6, 2010

Oil&Water



In this edit we see the effects of the BP oil spill told in a story told by Steven Miesel, featuring none other than Kristen Mcmenamy playing the part of a dying animal bird? clad in from what I can tell is Ann Demuelemeester.

This story speaks tremendously of the environmental crisis that the gulf and its wildlife are currently faced with...Its nice though to get a dose of reality along with the fantasy in fashion. When Miesel references social issues he just gets it so right, I mean seriously these images are so powerful. Might I add that Kristen is such an amazing model you can really see the despair in her face and eyes, she has such intensity, I just cant get over the look in her eyes, its haunting.

5 comments:

  1. wow... very startling. Interesting way of sending out that message through fashion photography.

    -becky
    http://fabulous-junk.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Shocking...what a creative way to demonstrate the catastrophic effects of the spill...and the model did a wonderful job, her eyes show the same sadness as the poor, helpless birds who have to suffer...Great stuff

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loaned some accessories for this shoot which I don't think made the cut, but now I really wish they did!
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. definitely haunting...and so memorable.
    xxo alison

    ReplyDelete