Tuesday, August 3, 2010

check my credentials

Givenchy Haute Couture FW 05
Ricardo Tisci's first collection for the label. Such a beautiful moody, dark, somewhat subversive and vaguely Victorian collection. Impeccable Parisian styling, perfect Gothic vibes.

I love that he didn't take the Audrey Hepburn little black dress route that I think most designers would have done for there first collection for the house and instead went for long chiffon, velvet, and laced dresses. I really appreciate what Ricardo Tisci Has done for Givenchy.  I like the fact that he stays cohesive every season, by contiuing to retain certain signature elements (you can see a lot from this collection in this seasons couture presentation), yet he still manages to create something completely different than the season before it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment