Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Jil Sander SS 11

I've been lazy and haven't  gotten around to posting about this yet, or anything else for that matter. Bear with me though I am going to stop procrastinating and I'm going to get too it. I digress......

This season Raf Simons brought a new minimalism volume, volume and some more volume with couture like proportions, and a seemingly Yves Saint Laurent influenced color palette, and on that note military jackets as well.
 I for one am loving all of this...With all the digital floral prints, stripes, volume, and textures. The collection is almost maximal, but in a minimal way? if that makes sense....Not to mention the cut's/tailoring. I know it's really easy to say the cuts and tailoring blah blah were sooooo amaaaaaaazing, but I mean seriously look at the oversized jackets, and obviously the suits....
 And of course the more "wearable" pieces in the collection....Still I dont really understand why anyone wouldn't want extreme couture like volume incorporated into there wardrobe....
Also take note of the amazing textures shown..............

No comments:

Post a Comment