Thursday, July 29, 2010

at first i was unsure, but now i realize that i love you...


Originally when I saw the Balenciaga spring collection, I was confused and a little disturbed by the amount of "sportswear" I was witnessing....I was just sitting there thinking "uhm ok Nicholas did you just buy a bunch of linea rossa, put neon colours on it, and then finish it off with a leather belt", obviously I was foolish by not giving the collection a chance.

Now looking at the collection as a whole, I really, really like it...I might even love it. Its the perfect mixture of techinical cuts, futurism, some very loud, but equally great prints, and just the right amount of minimalism in some of the pieces. The cut on those jackets are so good, I'm salivating on my keyboard just staring at that grey moto jacket. I also noticed that he used the same silhouette on some of the sweaters that he did in the women's fw 08 collection, but in a more subtle way. The pants were perfect, perfect straight leg cut, perfect cropping. Most everything was so great, I cant believe I felt the way I did about it. I'm sorry I doubted you Nicholas.

1 comment: